THIS week I bring you an easy midweek meal.
This Carbonara Gnocchi Bake takes only 10 minutes to prepare and will go down an absolute treat with all of the family.
This Carbonara Gnocchi Bake takes only 10 minutes to prepare and will go down an absolute treat with all of the family[/caption]
Carbonara Gnocchi Bake
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minute
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 x 500g bag fresh gnocchi
- 1tbsp oil
- 115g frozen diced onions
- 2 x 100g packs of bacon lardons (smoked or unsmoked)
- 1tsp frozen diced garlic
- 500ml crème fraiche
- 140g frozen peas
- 90g parmesan, grated
- Handful grated cheddar
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Top tip of the week
My top tip this week is to do with shopping. When I visit the supermarket, I always use the shopping guns to scan my shopping.
Doing this makes it so much quicker and means you can pack as you go, so checkout is an easy and quick process.
It also makes it easier to track how much money you are spending. I hope this helps some of you.
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water and place on a medium heat. Add the gnocchi and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Next, in a large saucepan heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the frozen onions, bacon lardons and garlic and cook until browned. This will take around 5-6 minutes depending how crispy you like your baco
- To the saucepan add in the crème fraiche, frozen peas, parmesan and a grind of salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes on a low heat adding a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Now add in the cooked gnocchi and mix well before pouring into an ovenproof dish and scatter over the grated cheese and cherry tomatoes.
Suzanne Mulholland’s recipes are super easy to follow[/caption]
Most read in Fabulous
- Ready to Freeze: Do not cook the bake if you are going to freeze straight away. Leave to cool completely, before wrapping well in foil or placing a lid on the top and placing in the freezer.
- Ready to Eat: To cook from frozen, place in the oven at 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4, wrapped in foil, for 50 minutes until piping hot. To cook from defrosted, place in the oven at 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4, wrapped in foil, for 35 minutes. Take the foil off 15 minutes before the end to give it a golden yummy top.
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.