THIS week I am bringing you some sweet treats that are delicious and so easy to make.
These banana and Biscoff muffins are the perfect addition to any lunchbox. Remember, most cakes can be frozen and grabbed out of the freezer one at a time, so even if you live on your own you can enjoy plenty of home baking without it going to waste.
Banana and Biscoff Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
YOU WILL NEED:
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 150g self-raising flour
- 2 heaped tbsp Biscoff paste, plus extra for decoration
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cases
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter using an electric whisk or wooden spoon, until it is light and fluffy. Next, add in the eggs and vanilla essence and combine.
- Sieve the flour over the mixing bowl and mix well, then add in the Biscoff paste.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas, then add this to the cake mixture, being careful not to overwork the cake batter.
- Portion the batter between the 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Once risen and golden, remove from the oven and leave to cool. Ready to freeze
- Once your muffins are cooked, leave them to cool completely before freezing in a labelled reusable freezer bag.
- Ready to eat
- Simply take out a muffin at a time from the freezer – they should defrost at room temperature in 30 minutes. Spread over a little biscoff and sprinkle with some optional nuts and sliced banana.
Suzanne Mulholland’s recipes are so easy to follow[/caption]
Most read in Fabulous
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.